2011/03/07

A Different Thing Everyday In A Month

Office's server was down this morning. So, like any other bored colleagues, I browsed Internet. Wait, I actually don't need a reason to browse Internet, just the offline server made it feel more justified, he he.

I stumbled across this simple but neat blog. The story was: the author felt wearied and people in the Internet suggested him to do something 'different' everyday of the whole month. That, my friends, was one of the most awesome suggestions you can expected by asking random strangers in the Internet. So he ended up doing many things new, things that would repulse him, or just things that he hadn't do for a long time.



Some interesting examples:
  • Free boxing lesson
  • Went to a shooting range
  • Paid a panhandler $100 to have lunch with and tell the author his story
  • Volunteered in food bank
  • Went to a Tea Party meeting
  • Went to a mosque
  • Saw a friend perform brain surgery on a mouse and implant lasers in its head.
I found this inspiring. Perhaps, I might do something similar when I'd feel down.

No comments: