2011/01/05

Bedtime Reads

Yeah, I want to do this

Yesterday, I asked reddit what are their favorite bedtime children books. I want to read and introduce English to my son. So, here's a compilation of their recommendations:




Among other books, are non-children; e.g. Hitchhiker Guide to The Galaxy, Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit -- it actually doesn't matter since a 4-month old baby wouldn't understand a word you read him. But to note that you yourself should enjoy reading him the books, pick the books that you might find interesting. Remember that if you're bored and unhappy, he could sense it.

Let me know if you know any other interesting books. Thank you!


EDIT: More recommendations!

4 comments:

The Diva said...

Definitely The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Little_Prince

Even I am still reading it for the hundredth time now before bedtime!!!!! ;-)

Fakhrur said...

Thank you! I will add this (and the other one from facebook). The Little Prince should be the best match for my little King :)

f a t m a said...

Roverandom by JRR Tolkien
this could be a children book, could also be adult book ^_____^

anya said...

mine:
- the faraway tree by enid blyton (i likemost of her books but somehow i think she's a sexist..)
- the woodlands series by tony wolf, actually i HEART tony wolf! the pictures are too cute!
- dont forget the classic ones, rian might like rumpelstiltskin, or puss in boots?